Sunday, November 17, 2013

Down 29.9 and a little inspiration hopefully.....

I bet you that that .01 of a pound will mess with for at least a week, but that's okay because when it goes, I will be past 30 pounds! Yahoo...

Now, I have had some thoughts on my mind for awhile now about losing weight.... I mess around on Facebook a lot. The stuff I see going down the newsfeed is just ridiculous. If you want to lose, you should be able to lose. I realize there might be some with medical reasons that keep them from losing, but mostly, it just takes determination. I don't even put forth that much effort other than cooking differently from the way I did before and cutting out all the excessive "goodies". I am a certified chocoholic and I freely admit it. I will never completely give up chocolate and I eat a little bit daily.

The miracle foods that are posted on the newsfeed of Facebook? I don't know if they are miracle foods or not, but I do know that you don't need them. You don't need a program that you have to pay for either. You need determination that you will change your lifestyle.

I cook low or fat-free. I used very, very little oil and when I do, it is canola oil. I buy the leanest meats and if there is fat on the cut, I trim it off. I am a beef eater. My dad raised cattle and I have eaten beef all my life. The only change is I don't eat rib-eyes anymore...they are delicious but the reason they are is that they marbled with fat. Besides not being desirable for weight loss, it is not good for your heart. I buy meats that have loin in the name because they are the leaner cuts. Sometimes, they cost a little more, but if you think about it. The lack of fat means you are paying for meat, not fat. I also buy boneless because I don't want to pay for the bones. I still eat from the Golden Corral, but I fix my takeout in the small container because you can't fit a huge meal in that itty bitty thing.  I am more careful what I get from there too. I do not get the things that are full of cheese.

I will be getting my Thanksgiving dinner to go from there. I get enough for a meal for my husband and myself and enough to snack on that night. No leftovers to put on my hips.  Hahaha. I usually make my own creamed potatoes at home and just get turkey and ham, maybe a little veggies.

The point is that it can be done without surgery for most people and without special programs. Pay no attention to calories...just reduce your fat content and much as you can. You want to lose slowly so that your skin remembers to go back where it belongs! On parts of my body, that skin has to travel a bit, but it did it when I lost the 100 pounds a few years ago. I believe it will this time too. I hope this maybe inspires someone with a great desire to lose to just do it. I am already starting to feel better and its only been 29.9 pounds...

Good luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment