Sunday, August 25, 2013

Well, here it is the 25th of August already. Today was a weigh day. I weigh when I first get out of bed, so sometimes I am a little bleary-eyed. After not losing any last week, I was a little scared of stepping on that scale today. Shoot, I stepped on that sucker 3 times in a row because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I am down 13.6 pounds since starting the second week of July.
 I had to switch flipflops today. I believe that I mentioned before that my feet were so swollen from the way I was eating(waaaaaaaaay too much salt) and I had to search really hard to find a pair of flips that didn't attempt to cut my feet in half. All swelling is gone and my feet are as skinny as when I was young. I had, at least, a half inch of room between the straps and my feet. Yay, me!
 I bought 2 jars of pickled beets this week. (Yes, I really, really like them.) They have no fat in them!! I also loaded up on cucumbers again....I really like them sliced with onion and the Mediterranean Vinaigrette on them. (The tomatoes get soggy, so decided to eliminate them from future cucumber salads.)I will just eat them plain.
 Today for lunch I had, a small pork chop, a few French fries, cucumber salad and pickled beets. That meant that half my meal had absolutely no fat. It was delicious and filled me up.
 Tonight, I am thinking of something with hamburger and noodles done in the skillet. It will be my version of Hamburger Helper. I will be making more cucumber salad, but I think tonight calls for pickles. I love pickles, but try to limit them a bit because of the salt. Mostly, I eat one at the end of a meal...it makes it sort of like dessert and tells my mind that I am through. You have to trick yourself any way you can.
 Well, that's it for today. Anyone wishing to join me in my loss is more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment