Saturday, August 3, 2013


Not a bad lunch for a hot August day.....Saw the cucumber sandwich idea on Facebook. It is pretty good. Hollowed out cucumber, shaved turkey, Colby cheese and Tony Chachere's Zesty Sandwich Sauce. Rounded out with sliced grape tomatoes and 5 olives.

Sorry I slacked off last week. I just got busy with other things. Plus, it is hot and that tends to make me procrastinate. I will strive to not let it happen again.

I cooked the Miracle Rice this week. I could hear screaming in my ears. At first, I thought it was the pounds screaming to get away from the jalapenos that I put in it, but on second thought, that could have been my mouth screaming in pain, just as easily.  Whichever it was, hot peppers are good and if you can stand to eat them, they help the metabolism. Milk will stop the burning afterwards. Whatever you do, don't drink water!

Speaking of peppers, I was in the canned peppers section of the grocery store and found squeeze jalapenos. There was also squeeze chipotle and squeeze habaneros. I got the jalapenos and will work my way up to habaneros because they will totally set you mouth afire!! I am going to try jalapeno on a sandwich....possibly a homemade hamburger. Always looking for things to which I can add peppers. Scrambled eggs and jalapenos, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment